Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Ranie Mae

Just processed an image from a January shoot. I didn't notice this image the first pass through the shots, but liked it when I found it on the second pass through. The model changed her screen name sometime after we had the photoshoot; I'm not really sure why. I'm left with the quandary of whether or not to post processed images of her with her original screen name or the adjusted one. My attempts to contact her for elucidation, or to schedule future shoots have gone unanswered.
I'm hoping to have properly learned how to improve high-key silhouettes. This was the first time I had attempted it, and while I did have interesting results, I believe it could be done better. I'm hoping to arrange a shoot with a new model within the next few weeks to try again.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Headshot of Laurel

This image is a recently processed photo from a February shoot with Laurel. Every time I shoot with her, she impresses me with her range of expressions she can throw on with just tiny alterations of movement. It may be a while before I get a chance to go up and shoot in the snow again.

Ideally, I would shoot at least one model for each project so I can use the images obtained as references for future shoots. If I can manage to do that before June, I think I'll slow down on the photoshoots for a couple months so I can finally find time to finish the Batman novel. At this stage, the outline for each chapter and scene--up to the end of the story--is already done. My time has just been filled out with other things, so I have yet to physically write the actual text. I'm hoping to find some more models to fill out some of the projects I've had on the backburner for several months now.I need to get the first novel done, because it is really the 2nd follow-up novel and the concurrent-time Superman novel that, when packaged as a whole, should provide enough proof-of-concept to allow me to secure an agent.