Thursday, November 1, 2007

New (Sort of) Deviation at DeviantArt

I posted Setback - A Short Story up on my Deviant Art page. Because I put myself as primarily a writer before photographer, I felt something of my work should be up. I don't know how one would classify prose fiction as art (or not art for that matter) but it will be interesting to see if it gets a response.

I have been pondering lately if I should attempt more short-story and short fiction writing. All my current writing projects are novel-length fiction or journal-length academic work. It has been several years since I have attempted to sit down and churn out short works in a matter of hours; I may have lost the skill. The current primary obstacle is just that I have so many things I want to write about already, I am hesitant to use my little available time writing anything else.


Interesting stuff has been happening in the world of late, but I may be somewhat late in posting thoughts. My schedule this past week (and this coming week) has surprised me in its business.

No comments: